4. Pumpkin French Toast: Using your choice of thick sliced bread, mix together 1/2 c pumpkin puree, 3/4 c milk, 3 eggs or chia eggs, 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Lightly soak the bread in the mixture, and cook as usual and serve with maple syrup! (Optional is to add 1/3 - 1/2 c pumpkin puree to your favorite french toast egg mixture recipe!)
5. Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese Spread: To dip fruit or top an oatmeal bowl, whip together equal parts pumpkin puree and your choice of regular or vegan cream cheese. Add 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spices, a splash of vanilla extract and perhaps a little milk to thin out.
A special thank you to our supportive family and community, we have been nominated for Best Chocolates of 2019 in the CS Independent magazine! Click below to vote for us in the final round for gold, through September 10th!
However, you will not experience a "crash" like with caffeine products! The energizing effect is a slow burner and will taper off gently, if not imperceptibly. Another reason to love it is for it's ability to normalize hormones--especially related to mood. It will help reduce cortisol and boost serotonin to return your body to its state of homeostasis. Energy AND a mood boost? Pass it over, please!
MaCacao Overnight Oats
Special Note: A HUGE THANK YOU to all of our customers and fans, we are in the final round of voting for Colorado Springs Independent's Best of 2019 Voting! They will open the final round up for voting next Wednesday, the 21st--so keep your eyes peeled!
Can't forget to thank our customers all around the world for your love and support! Colorado Springs Independent now has a Chocolate/Chocolatier category, and we would LOVE your vote! Click the button below to vote for us! Nominations end midnight August 6th, final voting rounds end midnight August 21st.
Mixed Bean Salad with Pico de Gallo Vinaigrette
4. An easy quick morning breakfast should always have some fruit, healthy fats, protein and high quality carbs that will keep you full for that red-eye you're catching. Toss some mulberries and goji berries into a oatmeal bowl or cup with a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
None of these sparking excitement? Keep scrolling for many of our other recipes we have made for you, or check out our Facebook and Instagram accounts to see what we have done before. We would love to help you, so if you need some help learning how to incorporate superfoods into your diet, click the button below and get a brief consultation with our superfood educator, Rachel.
Before we get into the recipe, check out why this tasty drink can help you feeling great as you travel:
Makes 1 serving (multiply as needed for bulk or travel use)
Directions: Grinding bee pollen in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle can help the mix be more homogeneous. Simply mix together all ingredients with a whisk or electric whisk until incorporated. If using in bulk or for travel, mix all dry ingredients and put in a sterile container or bag. If traveling, simply add 2-3 Tbsp of the dry mix to your hot water. You can make it your own too! Add cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and ginger for a chai chocolate elixir. Need more caffeine? Mix a splash of coffee in! Need a kick? Add a pinch of cayenne!
Pro tip: If you are traveling outside of the central mid-west region, you can try sweetening this with local honey from the area you are visiting to help with seasonal allergies you might experience there!
Baked Goods: Always take into account the thickening properties of chia seeds, but especially in homemade breads, muffins, and oatmeal bakes, it's easy to add a couple teaspoons to add a protein and omega-3 boost to your recipe! Of course, also include a few extra splashes of liquid.
Aaaaaand that's a wrap! I hope you all learned a little something from this post today, give us feedback! I'd love to know if you learned something new, or if you have questions. I'm here to be of service to you, and I love talking about the possibilities with superfoods. If you have any tips and tricks of your own, please share! Stay Radiantly Raw
2. Protects your liver: Studies showed that after several weeks of daily matcha consumption, liver enzyme levels were significantly reduced. It is also associated with reduced liver disease risk.
3. Better source of caffeine than regular green tea: A 1/2 tsp of matcha contains 35mg of caffeine. The best part? No crash! Matcha green tea also contains L-theanine from the unique way that it is grown (shaded 20-30 days before harvesting). This compound helps moderate the withdrawal from the caffeine, while enhancing that mental and physical boost you crave.
4. Helps with Weight Loss: The antioxidants in matcha are commonly known for increasing metabolic rate, which enhances the rate at which you burn fat at rest and during exercise. This can be boosted by 17% or more! That's why you will often see green tea extract in many weight loss supplements.
5. Heart Healthy: This magical matcha also protects your heart. It is known for containing catechins, which actively lower LDL or "bad cholesterol". High cholesterol (which often leads to high blood pressure) are the leading causes of heart diseases and cardiac events. With healthy eating, exercise and matcha, you're set to live a long, healthy life!
Time: about 1.5-2 hrs
(*Start soaking walnuts used in filling, for 1 hr if processor is not powerful)
Cover mulberries with water and set aside for 30 minutes. Once ready, drain mulberries and blitz all crust ingredients in a food processor until slightly dry crumbles form. Press into pie tin using the bottom of a glass, or in springform pan. In a springform, be sure to press the crust up the sides just a centimeter or two. Set aside in freezer and clean food processor.
In a double boiler, melt raw cacao butter by grating chunks into top bowl. While waiting, use food processor or powerful blender to blend walnuts that you soaked for 1 hr into a butter. Stop every couple minutes to scrap down as needed.
Add honey, cacao powder, vanilla and salt to melted cacao butter, turn off heat. Stir thoroughly with a whisk or rubber spatula until silky and smooth. Allow to cool to lukewarm, stirring occasionally. Add coconut cream to walnut butter in food processor, blend until incorporated. Mix in chocolate mixture, pulsing until incorporated. Remove crust from freezer, pour in mixture and smooth with spatula. Top with shredded coconut, cacao nibs, chia seeds, etc and put in freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes. Top with fresh berries and serve.
3. can be applied topically to increase hydration and improve healing of sores or acne
~If you want to try raw honey on its own, you can order it here!
The Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil:
~If you want to try coconut oil on its own, you can order it here!
The Raw Cacao:
All of our raw chocolate is made with these three ingredients, so every flavor is a win. Want to see what we have to offer? Click the button below to see all of our raw chocolate flavors and assortments!